Tuesday 24 January 2012

Tip-Top-Tuesday-Tunage

Hey everyone, haven't posted in a while, but I shall get right to it. I've been listening to quite the mix of music lately. Gonna be posting a random assortment of songs from my top 3 most listened recently.

Pendulum has been one of my favorite bands for a while. These two songs by them are from their 2nd album, my favorite. This album is mainly drum and bass and these two songs show. Pendulum is unique because they are a full band that create drum and bass. The Tempest starts off very slow but is a great song. Propane Nightmares is one of my favorite off the album along with Showdown, which I have posted earlier.

The Tempest - Pendulum

Propane Nightmares - Pendulum

I have also been going back and listening to one of my favorite bands a few years back, A Perfect Circle. The first song is from their 2nd album from 2004, Thirteenth Step. The lead singer is also the lead singer of Tool, another rock/metal band that I find to be more heavy then A Perfect Circle. The second song is a cover they did of Imagine by John Lennon, I like it because they sort of made it sound more dark and put their own spin on a classic song.

The Noose - A Perfect Circle

Imagine - John Lennon (A Perfect Circle Cover)

Last but not least, Deadmau5. If you have not heard of him by now, you have been living under a rock. I have been following deadmau5 for a while. His older stuff is more progressive house, house, breakbeat, downtemp, glitchy while his newest cd, 4x4=12, is more harder electronic and some dubstep.  First song, Brazil (2nd Edit), is from his 3rd cd, very nice progressive house song. Second song is from his 4th album, Strobe ranks amongst one of my favorite songs of all time. If you have not listened to the whole strobe song I suggest you do. It is very calm, upbeat and and then goes into a kick ass, you can say drop, at around 6:47. Enjoy

Brazil (2nd Edit) - Deadmau5

Strobe - Deadmau5

No comments:

Post a Comment