Friday 27 July 2012

Osheaga's Most Anticipated #11 - Yeasayer


My last post before the top ten which I'll start going more in depth/include more songs but here is the band that was on the fringe, Psychedelic Pop/Rockers from Brooklyn, Yeasayer. Slowly they have gone from more acoustic to experimental/electronic but I love both the old and the new Yeasayer. With their new album dropping August 20th you will be sure to hear some songs off of their new album come their Osheaga performance. Suitably they are playing on the Sennheiser stage (the best stage for sound in my opinion) where I enjoyed the likes of Ratatat, Crystal Castles, and MSTRKRFT last year. The song 'Tightrope' is a good example of the old Yeasayer, less of an experimental sound and the rest are songs from their most recent album "Odd Blood". My personal favourite tune for a long time has been 'Ambling Alp' hearing it in various snowboarding movies I fell in love with the catchy synth riffs and the vocal perfection from lead singer Chris Keating, enjoy.. 


Tightrope - Yeasayer


Ambling Alp - Yeasayer 


O.N.E - Yeasayer


Grizelda - Yeasayer


Love Me Girl - Yeasayer


- luketheduke

No comments:

Post a Comment