Tuesday 6 December 2011

U.K Garage/Post-Dubstep


Alot of my favourite music these days is coming out of the bursting U.K Post Dubstep/Garage Scene. My first experience with the genre was through Jamie xx (producer/bandmember of the xx), it was mainly after I saw him live over the summer that I gained even more respect for the genre and looked more into it (check out this sweet mini doc on Jamie). This genre is spilling over into mainstream music as we see Jamie getting the producing credits for Drake and Rihanna's new song 'Take Care' sampling Jamie's remix of "I'll Take Care of U" by Gil Scott Heron 




Other producers like SBTRKT have brought to attention everyone from Drake to Little Dragon (both who have done collaborations with SBTRKT). Three other producers who I've slated for having big years in 2012 are Fantastic Mr.Fox, Starslinger, and Deadboy (so keep an eye out for 'em). 


Far Nearer - Jamie xx


Right Thing to Do ft.Jessie Ware - SBTRKT


May I Walk With You? - Starslinger


Over - Fantastic Mr.Fox


Halycon (Deadboy Remix) - Delphic


-luketheduke!

photo by navis 

No comments:

Post a Comment